10 Days Best of Uganda safari
10 days best of Uganda safari is a trip to different national parks in Uganda which include the famous Murchison falls national park and the remote Kidepo valley national park to engage in a variety of activities and to see different attractions while experiencing different cultures as seen in the itinerary below;
Safari highlights of the 10 Days Best of Uganda safari
- Day 1: Arrival and transfer to Kampala
- Day 2: Drive to Soroti and visit Soroti rock
- Day 3: Transfer to kidepo national park and evening game drive
- Day 4: Morning game drive and community visit
- Day 5: Drive to Murchison falls national park via Gulu
- Day 6: Morning game drive and top of the falls hike
- Day 7:Chimpanzee trekking and evening boat cruise
- Day 8: Drive to Ziwa rhino sanctuary and transfer to kampala
- Day 9: City tour and nightlife
- Day 10: Departure
Day 1: Arrival and transfer to Kampala
- Arrival: You will be picked up and welcomed by your guide from your location in Entebbe and upon your arrival at the airport; your guide will pick you up. After the necessary introductions and greetings, you will be briefed about your safari.
- Transfer to Kampala: After you have been briefed, you will continue your drive to Kampala city where you will be driven around the busy city streets as you enjoy seeing the different landmarks around the city. You will continue with your city tour all the way to your hotel where you will be checked in and also be served with your lunch. After lunch, you will have a visit to the king’s palace to experience the Buganda culture as you enjoy a tour around the kingdom. You will return to your lodge as you prepare for your dinner and to spend the night at Naguru Skys hotel.
Day 2: Drive to Soroti and Visit Soroti rock
- Drive to Soroti: Ahead of your long drive to Soroti, you will start your day with breakfast served at your hotel in Kampala before checking out of the hotel and continuing your journey to the eastern part of Uganda. You will have a stopover at the Nyero rock paintings in Kumi to learn more about the ancient caves and their significance. You will also be entertained by the local community which stays around the Nyero rocks as they perform their traditional dances and you enjoy their hospitality. You will continue your journey to soroti where you will check in at your hotel and also have your lunch.
- Visit Soroti rock: After lunch, you will have an excursion to Soroti rock for hiking and to get a good view of the rest of Soroti town. During your hike, you will also be told the different stories about the town and its local community. You will return to your hotel for dinner and to spend the night at Soroti hotel.
Day 3: Transfer to kidepo national park and evening game drive
- Transfer to kidepo: You will enjoy breakfast at your hotel in Soroti and then check out of the hotel. After checking out of the hotel, you will continue your journey to Kidepo valley national park. You will have an enroute game drive in the national park as you continue to your lodge for check in and to enjoy your lunch.
- evening game drive: You will have an evening game drive to explore more of Kidepo national park and to see its different wildlife species as well as bird species such as ostriches which are known for being seen in the wilderness of the national park while enjoying a beautiful sunset and the rest of the scenery around. You will be driven back to your lodge for dinner and to spend the night at Apoka safari lodge.
Day 4: Morning game drive and Community visit
- Morning game drive: You will be served with your breakfast early in the morning at the lodge as the night before as you prepare for your morning game drive. During your morning game drive, you will see a variety of wildlife species feeding and roaming in the savannah of the national park such as lions, leopards, mountain reedbuck, giraffe, caracal, klipspringer, zebras, jackals, hyenas as they are more active during this time of day. You will see different attractions such as the Narus valley which has a seasonal river that is a good location for spotting the wildlife species. Various bird species can also be sighted among the wildlife species and in different spots in Kidepo valley national park.
- Community visit: You will return to your lodge and you will be served with your lunch as you also relax at your lodge. You will engage in a community visit in the evening as you explore another part of Kidepo valley national park. You will interact with the karamojong people during your community visit and you will watch cultural dance performances by the villagers, see local art and craft work, listen to the stories of the warriors as well as traditional songs among other things. After your cultural experience, you will be driven back to your lodge for dinner and to spend a night as the day before at Apoka safari lodge.
Day 5; Drive to Murchison falls national park via Gulu
- Drive to Murchison: You will have your breakfast at your lodge and then check out of the lodge on the day of your transfer to Murchison falls national park. You will have an enroute game drive in Kidepo valley national park as you exit the park. You will have a stop in Gulu where you will stretch a little and relax in Gulu town. You will also have your lunch in Gulu after your drive from Kidepo valley national park. After your lunch, you will proceed to Murchison falls National Park and your guide will drive you to your lodge where you will check in and prepare for to have dinner and spend the night at Paraa safari lodge.
Day 6; Morning game drive and top of the falls hike
- Morning game drive: After enjoying your breakfast at the lodge in Murchison falls national park, you will head out for your morning game drive in the wilderness of the national park as you search for the different wildlife species in the national park such as giraffes, buffalos, waterbucks, kudus, dikdiks, elephants, warthogs, hippos, duikers, lions, leopards among others.
- top of the falls hike: You will return to your lodge for lunch and to relax after enjoying your morning game drive in the wilderness of the national park. After lunch, you will proceed for your top of the falls hiking adventure. During your hike, you will be able to see the rest of Murchison falls national park as well as its various attractions such as the Victoria Nile and the thunderous Murchison falls. You will return to your lodge after your top of the falls hike and have your dinner and overnight at Paraa safari lodge.
Day 7; Chimpanzee trekking and evening boat cruise
- Chimpanzee trekking: On the 7th day of your safari, you will start your day with a heavy breakfast served at your lodge ahead of your chimpanzee trekking activity in Budongo forest. You will be driven to the briefing point for your chimpanzee trek where you will be briefed about the activity before proceeding into the forest. During your chimpanzee trekking activity, you will see the chimpanzees in the trees as well as other primate species which live in the forest. Different bird species can also be sighted in the forest and they include kingfishers, cormorants, herons, fish eagles, hammerkops among others. After your chimpanzee trekking activity, you will return to your lodge for your late lunch and to relax at the lodge.
- evening boat cruise: You will also have an evening boat cruise along the Victoria Nile as you watch the beautiful sunset and see different wildlife and bird species in the water and along the shores such as hippos and Nile crocodiles as well as many more wildlife species grazing in the nearby plains. You will also see the Murchison falls during your boat cruise and later proceed to your lodge to have your dinner and spend the night at Paraa safari lodge.
Day 8; drive to Zziwa rhino sanctuary and transfer to Kampala
- drive to Zziwa rhino sanctuary: You will have breakfast at your lodge in Murchison falls national park and then check out of the lodge. After checking out of the lodge, you will continue your drive to Zziwa Rhino sanctuary where you will spend time with the endangered rhinos. You will have a stop for lunch at Kabalega diner for lunch before going for your adventure with rhinos. You will be briefed about the rhinos before you proceed to where the rhinos are kept.
- transfer to Kampala: After this experience, you will continue your journey to Kampala where you will check in at your hotel and enjoy your dinner and spend the night at Naguru skyz hotel.
Day 9; city tour and nightlife
- City tour and nightlife: You will have breakfast at your hotel before your city tour around Kampala city. You will visit different attractions around the city such as the Uganda museum as you drive through the busy streets of Kampala. You will also visit craft shops around the city where you will see local art and craft work as well as different souvenirs. You will drive to your hotel for lunch and to relax a little as you prepare for your cultural experience in the evening. You will visit Ndere cultural center to experience the different cultures of Uganda as you watch traditional dance performances and interact with other people. You will return to your hotel for dinner and to spend the night at Naguru skyz hotel or optionally, you will go for a night out to experience the vibrant nightlife of Kampala and later you will return to your hotel.
Day 10: Departure
- Departure: You will enjoy breakfast at your hotel in Kampala before you proceed to check out and proceed to your preferred location where you will be dropped off by your guide which will mark the end of your safari.
End of the 10 Days Best of Uganda safari
- Airport Pick up and drop off
- All national park entry fees
- All activities in the itinerary
- 4X4 Safari vehicle and fuel
- Full time English speaking Guide/Driver.
- All accommodation as indicated in the itinerary
- All meals at the hotel
- Boat cruise fees
- Chimpanzee trekking permits
- Bottled drinking water while on safari.
- Air tickets for international and local flights
- Visa fees
- Personal expenses such as telephone calls, email, laundry, beverages
- meals not indicated in the itinerary,
- Portage and wait staff gratuity