4 Days Masai Mara Budget Camping safari
4 Days Masai Mara budget camping safari is an incredible Kenya safari package offering an extensive exploring of the great Masai Mara national reserve, Masai Mara national reserve covers an area of 3,000 square kilometers and home to a variety of animals including the big 5 (cape buffalo, elephant, lions, black rhino and leopard). This safari begins and ends in Nairobi.
Highlights of the 4 Days Masai Mara Budget Camping safari
- Day 1: Transfer from Nairobi to Masai Mara game reserve
- Day 2: Morning game drive and Masai village visit
- Day 3: Full day game drive with picnic lunch
- Day 4: Hot air balloon experience and transfer back to Nairobi
Day 1: Transfer from Nairobi to Masai Mara game reserve
- Transfer from Nairobi to Masai Mara game reserve: The 1st day of 4 Days Masai Mara budget camping safari is for transferring from Nairobi to Masai Mara game reserve marking the start of your safari, after breakfast at your hotel in Nairobi you will be picked by your safari drive who will give you a short safari brief and then embark on your drive to Masai Mara national reserve. On your way, you will have a stopover of one hour at the Great Rift Valley viewpoint for incredible views of the escarpment and Mount Longonot from a distance, from the Great Rift Valley you will have another stopover in Narok town for lunch. After lunch you will drive the last distance to Masai Mara national reserve and when you arrive you will check into your lodge and at night you will have bush dinner and stay overnight at your camp.
- Accommodation is got from Sand River Masai Mara
- Meal plan: half board (lunch and dinner)
Day 2: Morning Game Drive and Masai village visit
- Morning Game Drive and Masai village visit: The 2nd day of 4 days Masai Mara budget camping safari you are to have a morning game drive and Masai village visit, after early morning breakfast you will head to the reserve for a morning game drive on which you will enjoy incredible landscape of Masai Mara and many animals such as lions, cheetahs, leopards, elephants, zebras, gazelles, leopards, antelopes, elands and many more. If you are very lucky you can witness the great annual wildebeest migration which involves the migration of thousands of wildebeests, zebras, elands and Thomson gazelles. The migration happens in the period of July to October and the most fascinating happening is the river crossing sighted as over 2 millions of wildebeests, zebras and gazelles struggle to cross Mara River with a fight from crocodiles and hippos which live in the river. In the evening you will have dinner and stay overnight at your lodge.
- Meal plan: Full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
Day 3: Full day game drive with picnic lunch
- Full day game drive with picnic lunch: The 3rd day of 4 days Masai Mara budget camping safari you are to have a full day game drive with picnic lunch, after morning breakfast you will head Masai Mara national reserve where you will spend a full day of getting a deeper insight of the reserve. Together with your guide you will drive in the plains of the reserve enjoying sights of many animals such as wildebeests, lions, leopards, rhinos, buffaloes, elephants, zebras, gazelles, antelopes and many more. At lunch you will have an amazing picnic lunch which is set on the banks of Mara River, after enjoying delicious meals you will embark on an afternoon game drive on which you will enjoy more sights of the landscape, birds and animals. in the evening you will have dinner and stay overnight at your lodge.
- Meal plan: full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner)
Day 4: Hot air balloon experience and transfer back to Nairobi
- Hot air balloon experience and transfer back to Nairobi: The 4th and last day of 4 days Masai Mara budget camping safari is for transferring back to Nairobi, as early as 06:30 Am you will leave your lodge and head to the plains of Masai Mara for a hot air balloon safari. On this experience, you will enjoy aerial views of thousands of animals such as lions, elephants, wildebeests, elands, Thompson gazelles, and many more from the sky. After the experience, you will head back to your lodge for late breakfast then check out of your lodge and embark on your drive back to Nairobi. When you get in Nairobi you will have lunch and then be dropped off at your lodge in Nairobi or Jomo Kenyatta international airport for your flight back home.
End of the 4 Days Masai Mara Budget Camping safari
- Accommodation as detailed in the itinerary
- All meals as indicted on the itinerary
- Transportation in a tourist van fitted with a pop-up roof the purpose for game-viewing and photography.
- Your driver/guide speaks English and has in-depth knowledge of the flora, fauna, landscape, and Kenyan culture.
- A private minivan outfitted with two-way, long range high frequency radio communications equipment.
- Each minivan carries safari accessories including wildlife books, beanbags to support cameras on car doors and window sills, binoculars, a first-aid kit, an ice-chest, and a fire extinguisher.
- Bottled mineral water during game drives.
- Park entrance fees and game drives as noted in the itinerary.
- All government taxes, levies, and fees
- All arrival and departure transfer fees between airports, hotels, parks, etc.
- Domestic and international airfares
- Personal communications charges for telephone calls, faxes, email, etc.
- Tips and gratuities for hotel, lodge and camp staff and for your driver/guide.
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Laundry services.
- optional activities not listed by the included in your itinerary
- extra accommodation before and after the safari