7 Days Explore Kenya safari
7 Days Explore Kenya safari is 7 days of exploring the beauty of Kenya and having a thrill of searching for different wildlife species in the wilderness of some of the popular and scenic national parks such as Amboseli national park with views of Mt Kilimanjaro, a stop at Lake Naivasha, a vaisit to the flamingo paradise in Lake Nakuru national park and ending with a visit to Masai Mara national reserve to catch sight of the big five as seen in the itinerary below;
Safari highlights of 7 Days Explore Kenya safari
- Day 1; Nairobi to Amboseli national park
- Day 2; full day in Amboseli national park
- Day 3; Amboseli to Lake Naivasha
- Day 4; Lake Naivasha to Lake Nakuru national park
- Day 5; Lake Nakuru national park to Masai Mara national reserve
- Day 6; Masai Mara full day
- Day 7; departure
Day 1; Nairobi to Amboseli national park
- Nairobi to Amboseli national park: You will start your safari with pick up from the airport or at your current location in Nairobi and your guide will welcome you and brief you about your safari. After you have been welcomed by your guide, you will be driven to your hotel for lunch depending on the time of your arrival and after lunch you will have a city tour around Nairobi city.
- Your guide will show you around Nairobi city and you will visit different places around the city such as craft shops to see local art and craft work. You will continue your drive to Amboseli national park where you will enjoy a wildlife viewing experience on your way to your lodge where you will check in as you prepare to have your dinner and to spend the night at Ol Tukai lodge.
Day 2; full day in Amboseli national park
- full day in Amboseli: On the second day of your safari in Amboseli national park, you will start with breakfast at your lodge as you prepare to head out for your morning game drive. A variety of wildlife species can be spotted in the savannah plains of the national park during morning game drives since the wildlife species are very active in the morning and they include herds of elephants, predators such as lions, leopards, cheetahs as well as zebras, buffalos, warthogs, hyenas, kudu, gazelles, baboons among others in the savannah plains and woodlands of Amboseli national park.
- You will also enjoy views of the snowcapped Mt Kilimanjaro during your morning and evening game drives. After your morning game drive, you will return to your lodge for your lunch. Later in the evening, you will continue your wildlife viewing experiences in Amboseli national park as well as photography to capture the beautiful scenery around you. Your guide will drive you back to your lodge after your game drive for your dinner and overnight at Ol Tukai lodge.
Day 3; Amboseli to Lake Naivasha
- Amboseli to Lake Naivasha: After your breakfast and checking out of your lodge in Amboseli national park, you will have a brief morning game drive to enjoy the beautiful wilderness of the national park and to see its attractions such as the variety of wildlife and bird species. You will continue your journey to Lake Naivasha which is among Kenya’s rift valley lakes.
- boat ride, a visit to Crescent Island: Lunch will be served after you have checked in at your lodge. After lunch, you will proceed to engage in a variety of activities such as a boat ride, a visit to Crescent Island as you enjoy the beautiful scenery around and see wildlife species such as hippos, giraffes and buffalos and different bird species such as cormorants, fish eagles, pelicans, kingfishers among others. After this experience, your guide will drive you to your lodge for dinner and overnight at Naivasha Simba lodge.
Day 4; Lake Naivasha to Lake Nakuru national park
- Lake Naivasha to Lake Nakuru: Your breakfast will be served at your lodge before you check out and continue your journey to Lake Nakuru national park. As your guide drives you to the national park, you will enjoy view of the rift valley escarpment and Kenya’s scenic highlands.
- You will have an en route game drive upon your arrival in Lake Nakuru national park and during your game drive; you will see different wildlife species such as buffalos, rhinos, leopards, giraffes, zebras, gazelles, kudu, antelopes, hyenas, warthogs among others. You will check in at your lodge and have your lunch.
- Later in the evening, you will visit Lake Nakuru to see the flocks of flamingos along the lake shores as well as a variety of bird species making this an ideal birding spot. You will also see wildlife species in the nearby plains as you enjoy the sunset. Your guide will drive you back to your lodge for your dinner and to spend the night at Lake Nakuru flamingo lodge.
Day 5; Lake Nakuru national park to Masai Mara national reserve
- Lake Nakuru to Masai Mara: You will have your breakfast at your lodge in Lake Nakuru national park before checking out of the lodge. You will enjoy a wildlife viewing experience as your guide drives you out of the national park to your next game viewing destination.
- You will have a stopover in Narok to interact with the local community of the Masai who have a unique culture. You will engage in a variety of activities as you learn more about the traditions and culture of the Masai people in Narok town and these include seeing local arts and crafts, watching traditional dance performances.
- You will proceed to Masai Mara national reserve where you will check in and have your late lunch. You will spend the rest of the day in the comfort of your lodge as you wait ti have your dinner and to spend the night at Sentrim Mara camp.
Day 6; Masai Mara full day
- Masai Mara full day: Before engaging in your morning game drive, you will have your breakfast at your lodge and then your guide will drive you around Masai Mara national reserve as you enjoy the beautiful scenery and search for the big five such as elephants, lions, leopards, rhinos and buffalos as well as other wildlife species like zebras, antelopes, hyenas, cheetahs, giraffes, wildebeest, gazelles, warthogs and also various bird species.
- Lunch will be served at your lodge after your morning game drive as you prepare for another game viewing activity in the vast savannah plains of the Masai Mara national reserve. During your evening game drive, you will enjoy the beautiful sunset as you look out for more wildlife species and explore the natural habitat of the wildlife at this destination. After this experience, you will return to your lodge to have your dinner and to spend the night as the day before at Sentrim Mara camp.
Day 7; departure
- departure: You will start with breakfast at your lodge and then check out of the lodge on the last day of your safari. You will have a brief morning game drive to have a last experience in the wilderness of Masai Mara national reserve as you see the different wildlife species. You will be driven to Nairobi city and your guide will drop you off at your preferred location which will mark the end of your safari.
End of 7 Days Explore Kenya safari
The safari and tour prices below include
- all day game drives as per sample itinerary
- Hotel/lodge accommodation for the duration of the safari
- Animal tours according to your itinerary preferences
- Private 4-wheel drive vehicle with a roof hatch
- Professional safari and tour guide / driver
- All national park fees
- All meals on the safari
- All game viewing activities specified
- Price quoted per person sharing
The safari and tour prices below exclude
- Drinks and mineral water
- Items of personal nature
- International and local airfares
- Airport taxes
- hotel accommodation before / after the safari
- Entry visas
- Travel insurance
- Tips and gratuities