Luxury accommodation in Buffalo springs national game reserve
Luxury accommodation in Buffalo springs national game reserve: Buffalo Springs national game reserve is a great Kenya safari destination set in the south of Samburu national reserve which lies on the other side of the Ewaso Ngiro River and located in the northern region of Kenya in Isiolo County. Buffalo Springs national game reserve covers an area of 131 square kilometers, this reserve is famous for offering thrilling safari activities such as game drives, walking safaris, bird watching and cultural safaris.
Buffalo springs national game reserve has a number of excellent lodges and camps offering accommodation to the reserve’s tourists on a safari, accommodation in Buffalo Springs national game reserve is categorized as luxury, midrange and budget. This article highlights luxury accommodation in Buffalo Springs national game reserve.
Samburu Simba lodge
Samburu Simba lodge is a luxury 5 star lodge offering accommodation to tourists visiting Buffalo Springs national game reserve for a Kenya safari, this lodge is located in the south of Ewaso Nyiro River about 300 kilometers from north of Nairobi.
Samburu Simba lodge comprises of 18 beautiful cottages with over 70 rooms offering accommodation to tourists on a Kenya safari visiting lodge, these rooms are spacious, well furnished with a reading desk and lounge chairs, mosquito nets on the beds, telephone, overhead fan and en-suite bathroom with flushing toilets and hot and cold running water.
Facilities at Samburu Simba lodge
- Safety deposit box
- Swimming pool
- Gift shop
- Non-Smoking Area
- 24 hours Room Service
- Parlour Banqueting Facilities
- Meeting Rooms
- Dry Cleaning and Laundry services
- Currency Exchange
- Multi-Lingual Staff
- Facilities for Disabled
- Bar and Lounge with TV
Activities offered at Samburu Simba lodge
- Cultural Visits
- Bush Dinner/Breakfast
- Game viewing
- Guided walking safaris
Ashnil Samburu camp
Ashnil Samburu camp is a luxury tented camp located within Buffaloes springs game reserve and set in the spectacular backdrop of the mighty Ol Olokwe Mountain fronting Ewaso Nyiro River, the camp is situated in a distance of 4 kilometers from Samburu airstrip and 4.5 kilometers from Samburu national reserve.
Ashnil Samburu camp comprises of 30 exclusive luxury tents spread out along the shady banks of the river Ewaso Nyiro under a thick stand of doum palms, each tent features a decked terrace with views of the Ewaso Nyiro River. These rooms are offered deluxe double room, deluxe twin room and deluxe triple room, general room amenities in Ashnil Samburu camp include dressing room Wardrobe or closet, Safety deposit box, Hardwood or parquet floors, Mosquito net, Ironing facilities, Fan, Desk, Seating Area, Terrace, Wake-up service and en-suite bathroom consisting of Free toiletries, Shower, Bathrobe, Toilet and Hairdryer
Facilities at Ashnil Samburu camp
- Restaurant serving oriental, traditional and international cuisines
- Outdoor swimming pool surrounded by sun lounges
- Lounge bar
- Business services
- Souvenir shop
Activities at Ashnil Samburu camp
- Game drives
- Nature walks
- Cultural visits
- Bush meals like bush lunch/dinner
Samburu Sopa Lodge
- Samburu Sopa Lodge is a luxury accommodation offering accommodation to tourists visiting both Samburu national reserve and Samburu Sopa lodge, this lodge is situated inside Samburu national reserve and built on top of a high ground boosting panoramic views of the vast Samburu shrub land. This lodge lies in a distance of 350 kilometers from Nairobi and about one hour’s drive to Buffalo springs national game reserve via Ng’iro Bridge, Samburu Sopa Lodge’s structures are built in a reflection of the architectural heritage of the local Masai community.
- Samburu Sopa lodge comprises of 15 cottages each with 2 bedrooms built in an arch formation on either side of the public areas and surrounding the waterhole, the total number of rooms at the lodge are 60 with 2 inter-connecting wheelchair accessible rooms which are situated close to the reception.
- Each cottage at Samburu Sopa Lodge are tastefully decorated and consists of tastefully furnished guest rooms, tastefully furnished guest rooms with 2 queen size beds each, a large dressing table, an open air veranda overlooking the waterhole and a lavishly appointed bathroom with flush toilet and hot and cold running water.
Facilities at Samburu Sopa Lodge
- out-door dining area
- swimming pool
- gift shop
- Wi-Fi in public areas
Activities at Samburu Sopa Lodge
- Game drives
- bush dining
- bird watching
- nature walks
- Board games
Larsens tented camp
- Larsens tented camp is a luxury tented camp set in a rugged landscape in the heart of Samburu national reserve with a spectacular backdrop of jagged mountains, Larsens camp is a five star accommodation facility named after Eric Larsens the adventurer/explorer and it is built in the same exact place where the he first camped.
- Accommodation at Larsens tented camp is offered in 20 tented rooms each named after a bird and spread along the right (8 right of the main areas and 12 on the left), each of this tent is slightly raised off the floor on a stone base with a veranda at the front. The rooms are comfortable and large, nicely decorated with dark wooden floors and large comfortable beds adorned with rustic bed –throws and cushions. Each room consists of a complimentary mini-bar, luggage rack, writing desk, full length mirror, fan, Wi-Fi and en-suite bathroom with a flush toilet and running hot and cold shower.
Facilities at Larsens tented camp
- Wooden deck
Activities offered at Larsens tented camp
- Game drives
- Guided nature walks
Elephant bedroom camp
- Elephant bedroom camp is a classic luxury safari dedicated to offering accommodation to tourists on a Kenya safari in Buffalo springs national game reserve, this camp is situated along the banks of Ewaso Nyiro River boosting a rustic but stylish experience amidst the wilderness.
- Elephant bedroom camp comprises 14 tented rooms which are used to offer accommodation to the visitors of the camp, these tented rooms feature subtle African tones, a private deck with views of the river bed and back drop majestic mountains such as the snowcapped mount Kenya. Each of these rooms consists of en-suite bathrooms with hot and cold running water and complimentary herbal shower and bath products, spacious bed with mosquito nets, private plunge pool on the deck,
Facilitates at Elephant bedroom camp
- Spacious dinning/dining area with continental style cuisine, al fresco breakfast and lunch served at the banks of Nyiro river
- Lounge tent
- Private plunge pool
- Laundry services
Activities offered at Elephant bedroom camp
- Game drives in 4WD open side safari van
- Bush breakfast and dinner
- Lectures on Samburu culture
- Entertainment by local Samburu warriors
- Guided walks
- Visiting the local community
- Accredited professional safari guides.